Collaboration starts to develop the GRIPP work program
GRIPP, the newly created partnership and platform for supporting and enhancing sustainable groundwater management, continues to attract partners, attention and funds to gain momentum around its objectives and work plan.
In 2016, GRIPP will be represented at:
- South Asia Groundwater Forum in Jaipur, India on 01 – 03 June
- ISMAR9 in Mexico City, Mexico on 20 – 24 June
- Sustainable Groundwater in Agriculture in San Francisco, USA on 28 – 30 June
- Africa Water Week in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on 18 – 22 July
- World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden on 28 August – 02 September
- 35th International Geological Congress in Cape Town, South Africa on 27 August – 04 September
- IAH-60 in Montpellier, France on 25 – 29 September
- Groundwater in Earth systems Models in Paris, France on 03 – 05 October
- COP 22 in Marrakech, Morocco on 07- 18 November
- Budapest Water Summit in Budapest, Hungary on 28–30 November
GRIPP will be convening sessions at these meetings to bring together partners to work on pressing groundwater issues in various parts of the world. Dialogues with donors are also high on the GRIPP agenda, in order to build a solutions-orientated portfolio with both thematic and geographic foci that will be interdisciplinary and demand driven.