- Goals: Increased climate change resilience, increased disaster risk reduction (DRR), increased water supply.
- Solutions: MAR and ASR during floods/wet periods, recovery during dry periods.
- Green infrastructure: Floodplains, wetlands/lakes.
- Grey infrastructure: Water retention/infiltration basins, runoff harvesting, in-channel mechanisms, irrigation canals, recharge wells.
- Policy interventions: Climate change adaptation, DRR policies, land use regulations, managing groundwater use/entitlements.
On the road to water management and climate resilience
Innovative solutions to increase water security and resilience, while protecting roads from flooding
Underground Taming of Floods for Irrigation (UTFI)
Controlling water-related disasters through innovative underground storage